Urethane casting resins can create molds, parts, prototypes, and tools of varying hardness, from soft rubber to hard plastic. They are built for durability and strength.
- The softer Shore A urethanes will deliver pliable, impact-resistant parts or flexible molds for harder urethanes with negative angles.
- Shore D urethanes will deliver harder, more rigid parts, capable of holding surface details for superior cosmetics.
Casting Urethanes are sold as two-part kits that are meant to be mixed and poured into open casts and closed molds. Note that mixing ratios and pot life vary widely. Urethanes are also particularly sensitive to moisture before cure, so avoid using paper tubs and wooden stirrers during the mixing stage.
Click on an image below to view more information and pricing.
Urethane Casting Resin - Shore ACreate Flexible, Tear-Resistant Parts and MoldsPour tough, flexible parts and molds with Urethane Casting Resin Shore A. Available in two hardness variations, 40...
Urethane Casting Resin- 60 Shore DEasy Pour for Durable Foundry Parts and ToolingThis 60 Shore D hardness Urethane Casting Resin is well suited for demanding industrial applications. Extremely...
Urethane Casting Resin- 75 Shore DGet Superior Stiffness for Detailed CastingsFor final parts and short-run castings, this white Urethane Casting Resin with 75 Shore D hardness can create...
Black Urethane PigmentOpaque Black Urethane PartsThis Black Urethane Pigment is a paste for tinting urethane casting resins and our mix-and-pour foam. It can be used...
White Urethane PigmentOpaque White Urethane PartsThis White Urethane Pigment is a paste for tinting urethane casting resins and our mix-and-pour foam. It can be used...
Plastic Stirrer for UrethanesMoisture-Free and Reusable Stir SticksUrethane casting resins are particularly susceptible to moisture. Contamination of the resin can adversely affect...
By comparison, Casting Urethanes offer a wide range of pliability and hardness:
- The 40 Shore A casting resin is soft with the approximate hardness of a rubber band.
- The 60 Shore A casting resin is firmer, about as hard as a car tire.
- The 60 Shore D casting resin is as hard as a solid rubber tire.
- The 75 Shore D casting resin is as hard as a hardhat.
- Fast Set Tooling/Prototyping Urethane Kit parts cure to a harder 80-84 Shore D.
Want to learn more about Urethane Casting Resins? Fibre Glast has a free Learning Center with helpful white papers. You can learn more about Urethane Casting Resins by reading the white paper, Introduction to Urethane Casting Resins, or watch our video, A Step-by-Step Guide to Fast Set Urethane Resins.
You can place an order right here on our website or, if you have any questions, call 1.800.838.8984 | 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST Mon-Fri.