Perfect for Winding, Seams and Reinforced Areas
Woven Fiberglass Tape is ideal for selective reinforcement of fiberglass laminates. It can also be used for sleeve, pipe, or tank winding. Use it to join seams in seperate parts and molding.
These tapes are referred to as tapes only for their width and appearance—they are not adhesive backed. Their finished edges offer easier handling and a clean, finished appearance, and keep the tape from unraveling.
Tapes are matched to our #243 and #245 fabrics (7-1⁄2–10 ounce fabrics). Their plain weave construction builds in uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions.
- Very easy to use for windings, seams, and selective reinforcement.
- Fully seemed edges--not slit from wider rolls.
- Saturate easily and in most respects are similar to a 10 oz fabric.
- Match to our #243 or #245 fabric.
- Try using tape for edge reinforcement on wide parts.
- Fabrics need to be oriented so the fiber yarns run parallel to the expected loads. If extra strength is needed in a different direction, another ply must be added at an angle to the first. The most common angles are +/- 45 degrees.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
|Full Roll||50 yards (typical)|
|Weight||7.8 ~ 9.6 oz/yard2|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click here for more information on our First Quality Guarantee.
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
ShippingMost prepackaged rolls of Fiberglass Tape, when ordered alone, will typically ship in a small box. Prepackaged rolls of 12"-wide Fiberglass Tape (#224-A, #224-B) will typically ship in a medium box. Where possible, we will combine ordered items to reduce the number of boxes shipped.
SizesWoven Fiberglass Tape All available widths of tape are sold ONLY is prepackaged rolls of either 10 yards (as designated with the letter "A" following the part number, #217-A, for example) or 50 yards (as designated with the letter "B"). Quantity discounts per roll are available when four or more rolls of any one tape are purchased in one order. Discounts continue to deepen as the number of rolls purchased in any one order increases.
Woven Fiberglass Tape - 3
May 20, 2022 | By Dan Yeruski
Jun 24, 2021 | By John Reyna
Not used yet
Feb 11, 2021 | By Joseph D'Amico
Everything back to normal.