Chops Clean for Quick Fiber Build-Up
Our 1171 is a hand held, variable speed air powered chopper gun that is primarily used for coating molds or parts with fiberglass or carbon fiber reinforcement. Continuous glass roving is fed into the rear of the gun. The gun then chops the roving into short pieces and deposits them onto the mold. Resin is then applied by brush, roller or sprayed on using a cup gun.
By altering the number and location of chopper blades, the length of the fibers can be varied from 4" down to 5⁄16". This gun will deposit the equivalent of one layer of 1 oz mat onto a vertical surface without fall-off before wet-out.
- Accommodates up to 16 blades at once.
- Compatible with our #526 Gun Roving.
- New design increases cutter head surface by 32% and increased quantity of chopped material between blade replacements by 33%.
- Deposits the equivalent of one layer of 1 oz mat onto a vertical surface without fall-off before wet-out.
- Kit contains: Chopper Gun (1), White Anvil Roller Sleeves (1 installed, 1 spare), 3/32" Hex Key (1), Blades (6 installed, 10 spares), and manual
- Ideally suited to quick mold or part build-up once the first layer or two are in place.
- Some parts come preinstalled in the unit, others are spares for for modification of chopped length.
- Use a fiberglass saturation roller to remove trapped air.
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every tool and supply accessory we offer is manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect reliable and compatible supplies every time you order.