Higher Density for Strength and Improved Detail
This 6 lb. density foam comes as a two-part kit, both parts equally mixed. It is a closed-cell system, meaning individual cells of foam trap in air and keep liquids out. Compared to lower density foams, the 6 lb. Mix and Pour Foam offers superior compressive strength (120 psi), so it's ideal filling cavities that will be used to support a heavy load. It is often used to make millwork, floats for wastewater treatment plants, and Coast Guard buoys. Because of its smaller cell structure, it is also frequently used to make detailed plugs or sculptures.
- 6 lb. foam expands approximately 10 times its liquid volume before cure, and will fill any shape.
- Closed-cell structure does not react with oil or gasoline, and will not absorb water.
- Laminate directly onto foam using epoxy or polyester resin.
- Can be pigmented with urethane pigments (#141, #143).
- Also compatible with latex paint, and in-mold parting wax (#1016).
- This foam is designed to meet USCG Title 33, Chapter 1, Part 183 when mixed properly.
- Mix Ratio: 1:1 by Volume
- Once two parts are mixed, it will begin to react and expand within 60 seconds, and will continue for several minutes.
- Before filling cavities for insulation, flotation or reinforcement, determine how much foam you'll need. First, calculate the volume of your container in cubic feet. For example 1 ft. high x 1 ft. long x 2 ft. deep = 2 total cubic feet. Second, for 6 lb. foam, multiply that total by 7.5. In this case, 2 cubic ft. x 7.5 = 15 lb. of required foam.
- Utilize small pours to prevent expansion damage, waiting 15-20 minutes between each pour
Dark brown liquid (625); Brown liquid (624)
R-3 per inch
Max Working Temperature
60lbs per cubic foot
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every chemical we offer is manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and quality every time you order.
Click here for more information on our First Quality Guarantee.