Localize Strength for High-Performance Parts
Our chopped carbon fiber is commonly compounded with resins to create an easily molded composite material that is great for filling cavities or reinforcing parts requiring optimized electrical conductivity. The finished products exhibit high strength and modulus, excellent fatigue, low thermal expansion and electrical and thermal conductivity. This material is available in 1/4 inch chopped fiber lengths and is sized for compatibility with various resin matrix systems and processes. The chopped product is small, thin, rectangular flake, 1/4 inch long by 1/8 to 1/4 inch wide. These precision-chopped graphite fibers are chopped from a 24K tow.
- Chopped fiber is an economical alternative to fabric.
- Chopped graphite fiber also offers good translation of mechanical and electrical properties.
- Easily mixed into a uniform pre-blend prior to compounding
- Good combination of mechanical and electrical properties
- Use with difficult vacuum bagging applications to fill deep cavities or sharp edges.
- Recommended for use with epoxy or vinyl ester resin. Add filler after adding catalyst to resin.
- Mix ratio is 1:15 (filler to resin). Adjustments may be necessary by application.
|Tensile Modulus||34.1 MSI|
|Filament Diameter||0.28 x 10-3 in|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.