Chavant Le Beau Touché Clay HM
Smooth and Adhesive for High Working Temps
This oil-based modeling clay is non-drying and can be carved and shaped easily without cracking. It features excellent adhesion with a variety of materials, including aluminum, cardboard, foam, paper, and fiberglass molding applications.
Unlike the original #1120 La Beau Touché clay, this high melt (HM) formula is less sensitive to heat variations and is recommended for use where the working environment is expected to exceed 90°F.
- Sulfur-free and will not oxidize.
- It is workable at room temperature, but can be warmed to a softer, stickier consistency simply by working the clay in hand.
- Exceptional cohesion and adhesion properties.
- Ideal for temporary fillets, construction of mold parting lines, and quick mold repairs.
- Low-odor, non-toxic formula makes for safer working conditions.
- It readily adheres to waxed surfaces, and responds to PVA separator.
- The HM formula is slightly firmer and less tacky at room temperature—it can be warmed to 105°F for ideal handling (do not exceed 115°F)
- It will return to its original firmness when it returns to room temperature.
- For a slightly softer, more tacky clay for use where the working environment is not expected to exceed 90°F, consider our #1120 Chavant Le Beau Touché Clay (cream in color).
|Billet (cylinder block) Size||2 lbs|
|Approximate Billet Dimensions||2-3⁄4" x 2-3⁄4" x 5"|
|Net Case Weight||40 lb. (20 x 2 lb. blocks)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every tool and supply accessory we offer is manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect reliable and compatible supplies every time you order.
A case (#1121-B) will typically ship in a large box.
This clay is available in available in two sizes:
One 2 lb. block (#1121-A)
One case, a 20-count of 2 lb. blocks (#1121-B).