3K, 2 x 2 Twill Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric
Classic Carbon Look with Incredible Strength
This 2x2 twill weave is our most popular carbon fiber fabric. This 3K tow (3000 filiments per fiber) fabric provides outstanding structural strength with a signature appearance that is highly desirable for modern composite parts in the aerospace, auto, marine, and sporting goods industries.
When compared to plain weave counterparts, the twill weave offers greater conformability, presents a beautiful herringbone texture, and delivers a slight edge in strength. In fact, our #1069 boasts an ultimate tensile strength of at least 610 KSI—most competitors offer only around 500 KSI.
- Twill weave provides signature aesthetics and ease of use
- Highest quality aerospace fibers used for unmatched reliability
- Unmatched strength to weight ratio
- High Modulus for superior rigidity
- Fire resistant material
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for making high-strength, light weight parts that don't need to withstand high temperatures
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- Twill fabrics are prone to unraveling when cut. Be sure to use our #1735-A Perfect Line Tape, or Dritz Fray Check, #1713-A.
|Tensile Modulus||33.6-34.9 MSI|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Weight||5.7 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.