24K Carbon Tow
Add Directional Reinforcement with High Strength
Carbon Fiber Tow is the thread used to weave carbon fiber fabrics. As a standalone product, it can be used to make wound parts, pultrusion, or chopped as a local reinforcement.
This 24K tow (or yarn) is composed of 24,000 individual carbon filaments, which boast the highest ultimate tensile strength in the industry. The #2393 is ideal for adding directional reinforcement to fiberglass, KEVLAR®, and carbon components.
- Comprised of 24,000 carbon fiber filaments
- Available in 50, 100, and 250 yard rolls
- Wets out easily with resin
- It can also be used with a filament winder to create tubes, or used with our #1171-A Air Driven Chopper Gun to create chopped graphite fibers.
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Use to build out fillets on carbon parts, for spar-wing reinforcement, and pultrusion.
- To maximize the fiber properties, use with epoxy or vinyl ester resins.
- Polyester resin is also suitable, and is primarily used in cosmetic applications where higher strength-to-weight ratios are not a factor.
- Number of FIlaments: 24K
- Elongation: 1.85-2.1%
- Strength: 710-750 KSI
- Tensile Modulus: 35-38 MSI
- Linear Density: 1645 g/km
- Density: 1.8 g/cc
- Filament Diameter: 7 um
- Color: Black
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.