Carbon Fiber Tapes - Clearance
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Wrap for Strength, Make Easy Carbon Repairs
Carbon fiber tape is ideal for selective reinforcement of carbon fiber fabrications, sleeve winding, lap joining, and repairs of cracks on graphite surfaces. Just like their wider carbon fabric counterparts, these standard modulus tapes offer higher ultimate tensile strength and stiffness-to-weight ratios than any other commonly available reinforcements.
Carbon fabric tapes are referred to as tapes only for their width and appearance—they are not adhesive backed. Their unfinished edges offer easier handling and a clean, finished appearance. They are ideal for use in auto racing, aerospace, competition marine, and light industrial applications.
- Unfinished edges are not prone to fraying and allow nearly seamless overlaying.
- Plain weave for uniform stength in both directions
- Wets out quickly and easily
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- To maximize the fiber properties, use with epoxy or vinyl ester resins.
- Great for strengthening parts
- Polyester resin is also suitable, and is primarily used in cosmetic applications where higher strength-to-weight ratios are not a factor.
- Warp: 12 picks, 3K
- Filling: 12 picks, 3K
- Strength: 510-635 KSI
- Tensile Modulous: 33-34.9 MSI
- Weave: Plain
- Weight: 5.8 oz/sq yd (198 gsm)
- Thickness: 0.012"
- Color: Black
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.