Chavant Monu-Melt Hard Design Clay
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Meltable Clay that can be Brushed onto Foam
This dark, forest green colored, sulfur-free modeling clay offers a new option when creating plugs for new tooling. With a low melting temperature, and hard modeling characteristics, this clay is meant to be brushed onto a foam plug and can be further modeled and detailed like any other of our popular modeling clays.
Like our other Chavant clays, this oil-based clay never dries out or cracks, and allows PVA separator to be applied to it when building tooling.
- Exceptionally smooth clay allows you to craft fine details without cracks or uneven texture
- Workable by hand and easy to use
- Will not oxidize, dry, or crack
- No odor improves working environment
- Melts when heated to 180-200°F
- Can be brushed onto CNC or hand-carved foam armatures
- Can be heated and cooled repeatedly without any significant change
- Measures as a “6” on clay hardness scale—ideal for industrial modeling applications
- Sold per billet (1124-A) or case quantities (1124-B)
- Clay will get sticky as it warms up
- Monu-Melt™ should be melted in a range from 180-200°F.
- Keeping the clay above 200°F will result in bubbling of the liquid clay. This bubbling is mostly aesthetic, and will not affect the characteristics of the cool clay.
- There is some oil separation at 210°F but the clay can be kneaded back to its original consistency upon cooling.
- Excessive temperature can cause the components to scorch or separate, a situation that may or may not be recoverable.
- Always test your application method in advance.
|Billet (Block) Weight||2 lbs|
|Net Case Weight||40 lbs (20 billets)|
|Billet Dimensions (approx.)||2-3⁄4" x 2-3⁄4" x 5"|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every tool and supply accessory we offer is manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect reliable and compatible supplies every time you order.
This item (#1124-A), when ordered as a single block, will typically ship in a small box. Where possible, we will combine ordered items to reduce the number of boxes shipped.
A case (#1124-B) will typically ship in a large box.
Chavant Le Beau Touché Clay
This clay is available in two sizes:
One 2 lb. block (#1124-A)
One case, a 20-count of 2 lb. blocks (#1124-B).