6K, 2 x 2 Twill Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Stiff Midweight Builds Bulk without All the Layers
This twill weave fabric features a tight weave and a cosmetically perfect 2x2 twill pattern. As a mid-weight carbon, it is twice the thickness as 3K and a bit stiffer , meaning it is best used on flatter surfaces requiring less drapability. It retains the signature appearance that is highly desirable for modern composite parts in the auto, marine, and sporting goods industries.
This fabric is frequently used for structural applications, offering improved economics to fabricators when compared to multiple layers of lighter fabrics.
- Twill weave provides signature aesthetics and ease of use
- Use for structural applications--save time vs. multiple layers of lighter fabrics
- Unmatched strength to weight ratio
- High Modulus for superior rigidity
- Fire resistant material
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for making high-strength, light weight parts that don't need to withstand high temperatures
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- Twill fabrics are prone to unraveling when cut. Be sure to use our #1735-A Perfect Line Tape, or Dritz Fray Check, #1713-A.
|Tensile Modulus||34.1-35.4 MSI|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Weight||10.9 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.