Prepreg 3K, 2x2 Twill Weave Carbon
New & Improved with Better Cosmetics!
This prepreg carbon fabric features our most popular twill weave carbon, pre-impregnated with an epoxy resin system. The near-perfect resin content (37%, +/- 2%) maximizes the strength properties of the carbon fabric. You don't have to worry about resin ratio, paving the way for repeatable, uniform parts.
The 3K tow fabric (3000 filaments per fiber) is identical to our part #1069, boasting an ultimate tensile strength of at least 610 KSI. As compared to plain weave counterparts, the 2x2 twill weave offers greater conformability and delivers a slight edge in strength.
- Designed to be stored, shipped, and handled at room temperature—no refrigeration necessary
- Best-in-class prepreg carbon fiber provides unmatched strength to weight ratio
- Prepreg means Less mess and waste; solvent- and MDS-free
- Fire resistant material
- Twill weave provides signature aesthetics and ease of use
- 50" width is ideal for most layups
- Ideal for making high-strength, light weight parts that don't need to withstand high temperatures (up to 300°F)
- Three recommended ramp-up cure cycles, requiring at most 310°F
- 12 month shelf life at 75° does not require refrigeration
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
|Tensile Modulus||33.6-34.9 MSI|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Fabric Weight||5.7 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
Thanks for the review. If you need anything else please let us know!
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#3111-A, roll), three yards (#3111-B, roll), and five yards (#3111-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.