Films, Peel Ply, & Tapes
Some combination of these materials is essential for any successful vacuum bagging system. Before beginning any project, first determine the parameters of your part and your lay-up:
- What is the size and shape of your part?
- Does it have deep cavities or sharp corners?
- What is the temperature range for my lay-up?
Answers to questions like these help you decide best materials for your part.
If you're not sure which materials to buy, or if you want to learn more, visit the Learning Center and read the white paper, Vacuum Bagging Equipment & Techniques, and watch the Vacuum Bagging Materials Videos.
Click on any of the images below to access subcategories, get more information, and view pricing.
At FibreGlast.com, we carry a full selection of professional-grade Vacuum Bagging Materials:
- Bagging Film—Bagging film is a must-have for every vacuum bagging lay-up in order to seal your lamination from air. Our selection includes popular Stretchlon® 200 and 800 selections, Nylon choices, and a Polyethylene tube format.
- Peel Ply—This is generally another necessity for removing your part from the bagging system once it has cured. Peel ply is usually selected based the surface finish you want to leave on your part. We offer Nylon and Polyester varieties.
- Release Film—Release film is chosen to make it easier to bagging materials from your set-up once the process is complete. It is not necessary, but helpful. It also helps to remove or maintain resin for the part during the lay-up process. Choose from low-temp and high-temp styles, perforated and non-perforated.
- Breather-Bleeder—As a breather, it allows vacuum pressure to be applied evenly across the surface of the laminate. As a bleeder, it absorbs excess resin. It's available in various weights.
- Shrink Tape—Shrink Tape creates mechanical pressure with applied heat and without vacuum.
- Sealant and Flash Tape—Use to secure bagging films to molds, and to secure other materials within your lay-up.
All Vacuum Bagging Materials are meant to be thrown away once they have been used. Replenishing your stock of materials will be an ongoing task if you plan to vacuum bag regularly.
You can place your order right here on our website or, if you have any questions, call 1.800.838.8984 | 8:00am - 8:00pm EST Mon-Fri.