Prepreg is the common term for fabric reinforcement that has been pre-impregnated with a resin system. The resin system is typically an epoxy and already includes the proper curing agent. As a result, it's ready to lay into a mold without the addition of resin or the steps required of a typical hand lay-up.
The Carbon and Fiberglass Prepregs at FibreGlast.com offer a number of specific advantages:
- Near-perfect epoxy resin content, maximizing strength properties for the reinforcement
- Excellent surface finish, engineered to be less porous at the surface
- Room temperature storage, making them easier to keep and handle, without the need to thaw required of frozen prepreg options.
Click either of the images below to get detailed information and view pricing.
In general, prepregs offer a number of other advantages in addition to near-perfect resin content:
- Repeatable, uniform parts—Consistent resin content means prepreg parts that come out of a mold can, in theory be identical.
- Improved cosmetics—No accidental drips of resin or dry spots to compromise appearance or performance.
- Reduced cure time—After the necessary heating cycle for cure is complete, prepreg parts are ready for service without additional waiting time.
- Less wasted product, less mess—Prepgregs may bleed during cure, but there are no messy supplies to contend with during lay-up.
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of prepreg we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards. That means you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order. Visit the Learning Center and read the white paper, What are Prepregs?, to learn more.
You can place your order right here on our website or, if you have any questions, call 1.800.838.8984 | 8:00am - 8:00pm EST Mon-Fri.