2 oz Fiberglass Fabric
Cures as Transparent, Protective Surface Layer
Particularly lightweight and thin, our #241 2-ounce Plain Weave Fiberglass is ideally suited as a surface layer for aerospace and marine applications. Use it to minimize print-through of heavier fabrics within a lamination, or as a sanding veil over other fabrics—it will cure as a transparent, protective barrier.
Like other plain weaves, it delivers uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions, with warp and fill yarns at 0 and 90 degrees, respectively.
- Lightweight and bends around tight corners
- This fabric features high conformability and excellent finish
- Uniform horizontal and vertical strength
- Minimize print of laminate fabrics
- Cures transparent
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-3824 Style 1610 and ASTM D 4029-09 Style 1610.
- Orient this fabric so that yarns run parallel to expected loads.
- During lay-up, add layers at alternating 45-degree angles to maximize strength.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
|Strength (Warp)||45 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||36 lbs/inch|
|Full Roll||1000 yards|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Rolled fabrics ship in a long (45", 53", or 62") box.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#241-F, folded package), three yards (#241-A, folded package), and five yards (#241-B, folded package). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.