System 3000 High Temp Epoxy Kit
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Best for High Temp Parts
#3000/3120 combine to make our System 3000 High Temp Industrial Epoxy Kit. This kit is engineered to create composite components that will operate in intermediate/high temperature service environments, up to 309°F. It easily wets-out reinforcing fabric for stable fabrications. With the capability to post cure off of the tooling, you can use room temperature tooling for lower fabrication costs. Post-cured, this unfilled, amber epoxy laminating resin offers maximum stability in service applications involving frequent heating and cooling cycles. This epoxy system does not contain methylene dianiline (MDA), or any other potentially harmful aniline derivatives.
Cure using a ramp up cure schedule requiring at most 300°F
For maximum stability in any application, an oven post-cure is strongly recommended. This epoxy laminating system will gel hard in 24 to 36 hours at 77°F. For applications where continuous service temperature is over 250°F, a post-cure is mandatory. Allow #3000/3120 High Temp Industrial Epoxy to gel at room temperature before initiating an oven post-cure.
- Mix Ratio (by weight) – 100:18
- Pot Life @ 77°F – 90-120 minutes
- Color – Amber
- Maximum Service Temperature – 309ºF
- Ramp up temperature at a rate of no more than 2-5°F per minute.
- Hold @ 150°F, 250°F, and 300°F for 3 hours each.
- Ramp down temperature to 100°F at a rate of no more than 2-5°F per minute. Do not shut down the oven and leave to cool.