Superior Mechanical and Insulative Properties
DIAB closed cell vinyl foams are valued for their superior structural and mechanical properties. These foams are often used as a structural sandwich core for weight-sensitive aircraft and automotive applications. They combine ultra-low weight, improved stiffness, and impact resistance.
At 3 lb./cubic foot, the density of these foams is similar to that of industry honeycombs, though strength properties do not match up to costlier honeycomb alternatives.
- Extremely easy to handle, including cutting, shaping, and thermoforming with a heat gun or oven
- Used to build bulk rapidly, or bond individual sheets to provide additional thickness in target areas
- Insulative and water resistant
- Compatible with epoxy, polyester, and vinyl ester resins
The different thicknesses we offer are tailored to different applications:
- 1⁄8" thick foam is best used for laminates that require only additional impact resistance or parts with a small cross-section.
- 3⁄8" thick foam offers additional strength and impact resistance without adding significant weight; it's well suited for making reinforced vertical components or walls.
- 1⁄2" thick foam offers the highest strength to a composite part.; applications usually include structural components like flooring and exterior paneling.
DIAB Divinycell H45 3 lb. density sheets measure 32" X 48".
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
ShippingThis item, when ordered alone, will typically ship in a longer box. Where possible, we will combine ordered items to reduce the number of boxes shipped.
SizesVinyl Foam: Divinycell 3 lb. Density This item is sold by the unit. Quantity discounts per sheet are available when five or more sheets are ordered at one time.
Sep 4, 2022 | By Roger S Kato
Excellent product! Fast Shipping! THANKS!!
Jun 20, 2022 | By Martin
The product worked awesomely just as I hoped for will be purchasing different thicknesess from here. Thank you...!!
Aug 3, 2016 | By John n casey
I now use your 1/8 foam product on the hulls of my model boats .very easy to work with.thanks for the great product fibreglast