Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (9.0 oz)
No Crimp Fibers for High One-Direction Strength
This unidirectional fabric is non-woven. Consequently, there is no crimping of the fibers and only minimal binder is used. Minimal polyester fill threads on one side further reduce crimp potential. This results in the highest property unidirectional dry reinforcement available.
The 9 oz/sq yd is used in many marine applications such as boat hulls, as well as hockey sticks and bicycles.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction.
- Never-twisted SM fiber with a tensile modulus of 33.4 MSI and strength of over 700 KSI/li>
- 12" wide fabric
- Wets out quickly and easily
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for parts where maximum single directional properties are critical, like hockey sticks, bicycles, or boat hulls
- If your application calls for higher strength properties, consider our #2596 Unidirectional Fabric, a 4.3-ounce, which features 40 MSI.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
|Strength (Dry)||711 KSI|
|Tensile Modulus (dry)||33.4 MSI|
|Weave||Unidirectional (non woven)|
|Weight||9.0 oz/sq yd|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.