IM Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (4.3 oz)
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Increased Stiffness for Impressive Low Weight
This is a non-woven unidirectional fabric. Consequently, there is no crimping of the fibers and only minimal binder is used. Polyester fill threads on one side further reduce crimp potential. This results in the highest property unidirectional dry reinforcement available.
Our 4.3 oz/sq yd fabric is made from an Intermediate Modulus fiber that features a tensile modulus of 40 MSI. It is ideally suited for aerospace and racing applications where maximum properties in a single direction are critical.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction.
- Never-twisted IM fiber with a tensile modulus of 40.0 MSI and strength of over 800 KSI
- 12" wide fabric
- Wets out quickly and easily
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideally suited for aerospace and racing applications where maximum single-directional properties are crucial
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
|Type||12K Carbon Multifilament Continuous Tow|
|Fiber Strength||700-850 KSI|
|Fiber Tensile Modulus||33.0-41.5 MSI|
|Weave||Unidirectional (non woven)|
|Weight||4.2-4.6 oz/sq yd|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.