Tough Epoxy for Quick Repairs and Fabrication
• System 1000 Epoxy resin is an easy to use epoxy system with two hardeners providing different working times to suit any application. These combinations are ideal for a variety of uses in fabricating or repairing various size structures. This system has a very low mixed viscosity, so it will quickly wet out fiberglass, carbon fiber and aramid fibers when laminating, allowing for a more rapid fabrication. System 1000 outperforms other general purpose and quick-turnaround epoxies. Cured parts yield a very high heat resistance, so they are more stable for long-term use, even for problem-prone applications.
Two high performance hardener systems are available for the System 1000 resin, 10 minute and 25 minute pot life versions. This added variety allows the fabricator to select the system best suited to the size, complexity, or time-frame of the project. Simple parts or quick repairs should use the 10 minute hardener. Larger and more complex parts can use the 25 minute pot life hardener.
In addition, this resin is also specially formulated for excellent moisture resistance for parts, making it ideal for the construction or repair of boat hulls or other marine applications.
- Need to make a quick repair? #1010 Hardener offers a fast, 10-minute pot life.
- For general purpose fabrication, select the #1025 Hardener with a 25-minute pot life.
- Both systems offer a low mixed viscosity for a quick and easy wet-out.
- Low viscosity makes it easy to mix System 1000 with fillers for greater strength where needed.
- This epoxy system does not contain methylene dianiline (MDA), or any other potentially harmful aniline derivatives.
PLEASE NOTE: System 1000 is not suited for use with Chopped Strand Mat, as the mat contains a binder that prevents proper bonding with epoxy. Use polyester or vinyl ester resin with Chopped Strand Mat.
First, select the amount of System 1000 Resin that you will need. Then select your needed curing agent or combination of curing agents.
1010 Hardener: 10 Minute Pot Life
Mix Ratio By Weight: 100:19
Mix Ratio By Volume: 5:1
1025 Hardener: 25 Minute Pot Life
Mix Ratio By Weight: 100:17.5
Mix Ratio By Volume: 5:1
System 1000 Resin Safety Data Sheet
1010 Hardener Safety Data Sheet
1025 Hardener Safety Data Sheet
ShippingSystem 1000 Epoxy Resin quart (#1000-A), gallon (#1000-B), and 5-gallon (#1000-C) units can be shipped via standard ground service, and by air, without hazard charges within the 48 contiguous United States. All System 1000 Hardener 1/2 pint (#1010-A, #1025-A), quart (#1010-B, #1025-B), and gallon (#1010-C, #1025-C) units can be shipped via standard ground service without hazard charges within the 48 contiguous United States. All sizes of System 1000 Hardener (1/2 pint, quart, and gallon) will be subject to a hazard charge if shipped by air. Please see our Hazardous Shipping Chart for more information about hazard fees. We will consolidate items whenever possible to minimize these fees.
SizesSystem 1000 Epoxy Resin This resin is available in a variety of sizes that include: One quart (#1000-A) One gallon (#1000-B) A five-gallon pail (#1000-C) One drum (#1000-DRUM) *Quantity discounts are available on the five-gallon pail only, when four or more units are ordered at one time. This resin requires hardener, which is sold separately in a variety of pot life cures (#1010 10-minute; #1025 25-minute).
Jun 29, 2021 | By Daniel
Aug 22, 2020 | By Tom Johnson
The product description on the web site could have made it more clear that the package includes both resin and catalyst (it does).
Easy ordering on the website with prompt shipping.
I highly recommend.