Style 7781 E-Glass
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Excellent Strength and Surfacing for Precise Parts
Satin weave fabrics are frequently specified for aerospace and structural applications, and offer excellent strength and surfacing characteristics.
In the #543 and #2543, glass fibers are bundled and woven repeatedly to float over seven bundles, then under one. As a result, the fabric is flatter and more easily draped over the most complex shapes, especially when compared to plain weaves.
- Satin weaves are flatter than other weaves and conform to shapes easily.
- Provides greater strength over standard plain weave fabrics, making it ideal for aerospace applications.
- Available in popular 38" and 50" widths.
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-C-9084 Type VIII-B (Class 1 and 2) AMS-3824A Style 7781, and ASTM D 4039-09 Style 7781.
- Although they conform well to shapes, satin weaves can be more easily distorted than other weaves.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
- To maximize strength in parts, use with an epoxy, like our System #2000.
|Strength (Warp)||>150 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||>130 lbs/inch|
|Weave||8H Satin Weave|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
|Thickness||0.008" - 0.0012"|
|Weight||8.0 - 10.2 oz/yard2|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.