Style 120 E-Glass
Extremely Lightweight for Aerospace Parts
Satin weave fabrics are frequently specified for aerospace and structural applications, and offer excellent strength and surfacing characteristics.
The 4H Satin Weave, in particular, is very lightweight and tightly woven, with fiberglass bundles repeatedly woven to float over three bundles, then under one.
- Satin weaves are flatter than other weaves and conform to shapes easily.
- Provides greater strength over standard plain weave fabrics, making it ideal for aerospace applications.
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-C-9084 Type III (Class 1 and 2), AMS-3824 Style 120 and ASTM D 4039-09 Style 120.
- Although they conform well to shapes, satin weaves can be more easily distorted than other weaves.
- Each side of this fabric is either largely fill or warp fibers, so opposite sides will look much different. To produce a symmetrical laminate, invert half the plies.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
- To maximize strength in parts, use with an epoxy, like our System #2000.
|Strength (Warp)||>150 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||>150 lbs/inch|
|Weave||4H Satin Weave|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
|Thickness||0.003" - 0.006"|
|Weight||2.8 - 3.3 oz/yard2|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.