Extremely Lightweight for Aerospace Parts
Satin weave fabrics are frequently specified for aerospace and structural applications, and offer excellent strength and surfacing characteristics.
The 4H Satin Weave, in particular, is very lightweight and tightly woven, with fiberglass bundles repeatedly woven to float over three bundles, then under one.
- Satin weaves are flatter than other weaves and conform to shapes easily.
- Provides greater strength over standard plain weave fabrics, making it ideal for aerospace applications.
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-C-9084 Type III (Class 1 and 2), AMS-3824 Style 120 and ASTM D 4039-09 Style 120.
- Although they conform well to shapes, satin weaves can be more easily distorted than other weaves.
- Each side of this fabric is either largely fill or warp fibers, so opposite sides will look much different. To produce a symmetrical laminate, invert half the plies.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
- To maximize strength in parts, use with an epoxy, like our System #2000.
|Strength (Warp)||>85 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||>75 lbs/inch|
|Weave||4H Satin Weave|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
|Thickness||0.003" - 0.006"|
|Weight||2.8 - 3.3 oz/yard2|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click here for more information on our First Quality Guarantee.
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
ShippingRolled fabrics ship in a long (45", 53", or 62") box. Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
SizesStyle 120 E-Glass This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage. Prepacks This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#573-A, roll), three yards (#573-B, roll), and five yards (#573-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks. Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.
Apr 16, 2015 | By Michael K
A nice combination of light weight and strong. Watch out if You use tape to cut this, it will not stay together when tape is removed. Pace tape to the outside of Your cut. Otherwise it is great. Arrived well packed and ready for work.