Prepreg 3K, 2x2 Twill Weave Carbon
New & Improved with Better Cosmetics!
This prepreg carbon fabric features our most popular twill weave carbon, pre-impregnated with an epoxy resin system. The near-perfect resin content (37%, +/- 2%) maximizes the strength properties of the carbon fabric. You don't have to worry about resin ratio, paving the way for repeatable, uniform parts.
The 3K tow fabric (3000 filaments per fiber) is identical to our part #1069, boasting an ultimate tensile strength of at least 610 KSI. As compared to plain weave counterparts, the 2x2 twill weave offers greater conformability and delivers a slight edge in strength.
- Designed to be stored, shipped, and handled at room temperature—no refrigeration necessary
- Best-in-class prepreg carbon fiber provides unmatched strength to weight ratio
- Prepreg means Less mess and waste; solvent- and MDS-free
- Fire resistant material
- Twill weave provides signature aesthetics and ease of use
- 50" width is ideal for most layups
- Ideal for making high-strength, light weight parts that don't need to withstand high temperatures (up to 300°F)
- Three recommended ramp-up cure cycles, requiring at most 310°F
- 6 month shelf life at 75° does not require refrigeration
- For added conform-ability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- For a Plain Weave version of this 3k prepreg carbon, check out our #2115
|Tensile Modulus||33.6-34.9 MSI|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Fabric Weight||5.7 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Thanks for the review. If you need anything else please let us know!