High Impact Resistance, High Impact Appearance
This KEVLAR® 49 fabric is ideal for impact-resistant applications that call for excellent specific tensile strength and minimum weight. The signature colored, twill pattern makes for improved drapability and delivers impressive cosmetics where show-through is a factor. Common applications include kayaks, canoes, boats, and sporting goods equipment.
- Genuine KEVLAR® 49 aramid fabric designed for durable composite parts
- Common applications for KEVLAR® 49 fabrics include: kayaks, canoes, high-speed boats, aircraft fuselage panels, pressure vessels, sporting equipment, wind turbines and much more.
- They can be used with epoxy, vinyl ester, or polyester resins to create a rigid laminate.
- 50" width is ideal for most layups
- KEVLAR® Fabric is made with genuine DuPont™ KEVLAR® fiber. DuPont™ and KEVLAR® are registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company and are used with permission.
- The 2x2 Twill is meant to be used with a resin system, like our System 2000 Epoxy.
- Once cut, twill fabrics are prone to unraveling due to the looser weave. Prior to cutting, be sure to use our #1735-A Perfect Line Tape, or Dritz Fray Check, #1713-A.
- KEVLAR® is difficult to cut, sand, and machine. Consider a dedicated pair of serrated scissors, like our #2731-A.
- Our KEVLAR® is not meant to be sewn.
- Unused KEVLAR® should be stored away from UV light. It will degrade in UV light.
- Cutting composite grade KEVLAR® can be a headache! Serrated Scissors are designed to make precise, clean cuts for even the toughest fabrics. Unique design features a serrated lower blade that holds fabric in place, while a smooth upper blade makes the cut.
|Material||1140 denier Kevlar 49|
|Warps/Picks||17 per inch|
|Fabric Weight||5.3 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.