System 3300 High Temp Tooling Epoxy
Use for High Temp Tooling
For high performance, high temperature composite tooling that will provide excellent long term service in high temp curing cycle environments, use this High Temp Tooling Epoxy. When post-cured, this unfilled, amber epoxy laminating resin system offers maximum stability in service applications involving frequent heating and cooling cycles. #3300/3330 High Temp Tooling Epoxy wets-out tooling fabrics readily.
Use this resin to create molds for prepreg parts or for other High Temp Epoxy parts. It offers solid heat resistance, making it capable of providing excellent long-term service in today's higher temperature curing cycles.
The resin has a medium-low viscosity and, when mixed with #3330 Hardener, allows very easy handling for tool fabrication. The mixed system wets out the tooling fabrics readily and allows faster tool production compared to other more viscous materials.
#3300/3330 High Temp Tooling Epoxy can be used with #1096 High Temp Epoxy Surface Coat. When used together, High Temp Epoxy Resin and High Temp Epoxy Surface Coat can create tough, durable, heat resistant tools.
- Mix Ratio (by weight) – 100:22
- Pot Life @ 77°F – 150-180 minutes
- Color – Amber
- Maximum Service Temperature – 338ºF
- Ramp up temperature at a rate of no more than 2-5°F per minute.
- Hold @ 150°F, 250°F, 350°F, and 425°F for 3 hours each.
- Ramp down temperature to 100°F at a rate of no more than 2-5°F per minute. Do not shut down the oven and leave to cool.