Style 7725 Bi-directional E-Glass
Conformability with a Slight Edge for Strength
As compared to plain weave fabrics, the twill weave offers greater conformability and delivers a slight edge in strength. It is frequently used for aerospace applications and offers excellent wet out.
Like other woven fabrics, it delivers uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions, with warp and fill yarns at 0 and 90 degrees, respectively.
- Easy to work with with great conformability
- Provides an edge on strength over standard plain weave fabrics
- Cures transparent
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-C-9084 Type XII-A (Class 1 and 2) and ASTM D 4029-09 Style 7500.
- Orient this fabric so that yarns run parallel to expected loads.
- During lay-up, add layers at alternating 45-degree angles to maximize strength.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
- To maximize strength in parts, use with an epoxy, like our System #2000.
|Strength (Warp)||143 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||148 lbs/inch|
|Weave||4H Modified Weave|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Rolled fabrics ship in a long (45", 53", or 62") box.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#1094-A, folded package), three yards (#1094-B, folded package), and five yards (#1094-C, folded package). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.