6 oz Fiberglass Fabric
Molded Parts and Repairs in Just a Few Layers
The 6-ounce Plain Weave Fiberglass Fabric is popular for molded parts and repairs. For waterproofing applications, just two to three layers can be used.
Like other plain weaves, it delivers uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions, with warp and fill yarns at 0 and 90 degrees, respectively.
- Popular fabric for lightweight moldings and repairs
- Uniform horizontal and vertical strength
- Cures transparent
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-3824 Style 3733; ASTM D 4029-09 Style 3733; and MIL-Y-1140
- Great for use for strip-built canoes--just a single layer provides robust protection
- Orient this fabric so that yarns run parallel to expected loads.
- During lay-up, add layers at alternating 45-degree angles to maximize strength.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
|Warp||16 - 20|
|Fill||16 - 20|
|Strength (Warp)||>80 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||>70 lbs/inch|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
|Thickness||0.008" - 0.01"|
|Weight||5.5 - 5.8 oz/yard|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.