Molded Parts and Repairs in Just a Few Layers
The 6-ounce Plain Weave Fiberglass Fabric is popular for molded parts and repairs. For waterproofing applications, just two to three layers can be used.
Like other plain weaves, it delivers uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions, with warp and fill yarns at 0 and 90 degrees, respectively.
- Popular fabric for lightweight moldings and repairs
- Uniform horizontal and vertical strength
- Cures transparent
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-3824 Style 3733; ASTM D 4029-09 Style 3733; and MIL-Y-1140
- Great for use for strip-built canoes--just a single layer provides robust protection
- Orient this fabric so that yarns run parallel to expected loads.
- During lay-up, add layers at alternating 45-degree angles to maximize strength.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
|Warp||16 - 20|
|Fill||16 - 20|
|Strength (Warp)||>80 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||>70 lbs/inch|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
|Thickness||0.008" - 0.01"|
|Weight||5.5 - 5.8 oz/yard|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click here for more information on our First Quality Guarantee.
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
ShippingFolded prepacks are typically shipped in a small box, or packaged in a box with other items on your order. Rolled fabrics ship in a long (45", 53", or 62") box. Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
Sizes6 oz Fiberglass Fabric This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage. Prepacks This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#259-F, folded package), three yards (#259-A, folded package), and five yards (#259-B folded package). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks. Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.
Jun 19, 2018 | By Judd A. Bunag
Great product and fast shipping.
Owner Classic Restoration
Feb 24, 2015 | By Robert
Best commercial transaction I've had in a long time. Well done..