4 oz Fiberglass Fabric
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Conformable and Lightweight Fabric for General Use
This 4-ounce Plain Weave Fiberglass Fabric is our most popular selection for use as a surface fabric, with enough body to be easily handled. This fiberglass wets out to a transparent, protective barrier, and can be used to prevent print-through of heavier fabrics underneath. It is often chosen for strip-built canoes and final layering over moldless designs.
Like other plain weaves, it delivers uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions, with warp and fill yarns at 0 and 90 degrees, respectively.
- Most popular surface fabric
- Uniform horizontal and vertical strength
- Minimize print of laminate fabrics
- Cures transparent
- Ideal for a final layering over moldless designs
- Great for building cedar or strip-built canoes and kayaks
- Orient this fabric so that yarns run parallel to expected loads.
- During lay-up, add layers at alternating 45-degree angles to maximize strength.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
|Warp||22 - 26|
|Fill||20 - 24|
|Strength (Warp)||>38 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||>38 lbs/inch|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
|Thickness||0.005" - 0.008"|
|Weight||3.5 - 4.0 oz/yard|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Conforms nicely to the curves. I will use this again!