For Lightweight, High-Strength, Aerodynamic Parts
For lightweight aerodynamic parts, this plain weave carbon fiber features a 3k tow (3000 filliments per fiber) and is a commonly selected fabric style, delivering uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions.
It wets out quickly and handles easily. Only three layers are typically necessary to produce non-structural pieces.Available in 50" or 60", #530 and #1530 boasts an ultimate tensile strength of at least 610 KSI—most competitors offer only around 500 KSI
- 12.5 x 12.5 plain weave offers a tight weave, which is less likely to fray
- Wets out quickly
- Unmatched strength to weight ratio
- High Modulus for superior rigidity
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for lightweight parts used in aerospace applications.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- This fabric is available in thin strip tapes for unique shapes or wrapping applications.
|Tensile Modulus||33.0-34.9 MSI|
|Weave||12.5 x 12.5 Plain|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Weight||5.4-5.9 oz/sq yd2|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.