3K, 2 x 2 Twill Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric
Classic Carbon Look with Incredible Strength
This 2x2 twill weave is our most popular carbon fiber fabric. This 3K tow (3000 filiments per fiber) fabric provides outstanding structural strength with a signature appearance that is highly desirable for modern composite parts in the aerospace, auto, marine, and sporting goods industries.
When compared to plain weave counterparts, the twill weave offers greater conformability, presents a beautiful herringbone texture, and delivers a slight edge in strength. In fact, our #1069 boasts an ultimate tensile strength of at least 610 KSI—most competitors offer only around 500 KSI.
- Twill weave provides signature aesthetics and ease of use
- Highest quality aerospace fibers used for unmatched reliability
- Unmatched strength to weight ratio
- High Modulus for superior rigidity
- Fire resistant material
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for making high-strength, light weight parts that don't need to withstand high temperatures
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- Twill fabrics are prone to unraveling when cut. Be sure to use our #1735-A Perfect Line Tape, or Dritz Fray Check, #1713-A.
|Tensile Modulus||33.6-34.9 MSI|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Weight||5.7 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#1069-A, roll), three yards (#1069-B, roll), and five yards (#1069-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.