Fill Cavities for Flotation and Reinforcement
This 2 lb. density foam comes as a two-part kit, both parts equally mixed. It is a closed-cell system, meaning individual cells of foam trap in air and keep liquids out. As a result, it is most frequently used for flotation applications, delivering 60 pounds of float per cubic foot. It can be used to fill cavities for reinforcement and insulation, and can be shaped or carved, once cured, for use as a plug in mold-making or sculpting.
- 2 lb. foam expands approximately 30 times its liquid volume before cure, and can fill any shape.
- Closed-cell structure does not react with oil or gasoline, and will not absorb water.
- Laminate directly onto foam using epoxy or polyester resin.
- Can be pigmented with urethane pigments (#141, #143).
- Also compatible with latex paint, and in-mold parting wax (#1016).
- This foam is designed to meet USCG Title 33, Chapter 1, Part 183 when mixed properly.
- Mix Ratio: 1:1 by Volume
- Once two parts are mixed, it will begin to react and expand within 45 seconds, and will continue for several minutes.
- Before filling cavities for insulation, flotation or reinforcement, determine how much foam you'll need. First, calculate the volume of your container in cubic feet. For example 1 ft. high x 1 ft. long x 2 ft. deep = 2 total cubic feet. Second, for 2 lb. foam, multiply that total by 2.5. In this case, 2 cubic ft. x 2.5 = 5 lb. of required foam.
- Utilize small pours to prevent expansion damage, waiting 15-20 minutes between each pour
- The foam will exert approximately 2-4 PSI expansion pressure during void fill; for a completely closed mold, expansion pressure can reach 4-6 PSI.
Dark brown liquid (25); Amber liquid (24)
R-4.76 per inch
Max Working Temperature
60lbs per cubic foot
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every chemical we offer is manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and quality every time you order.
ShippingFoam kits, when ordered alone, will typically ship in a medium or large box. Where possible, we will combine ordered items to reduce the number of boxes shipped.
Sizes2 lb. Polyurethane Mix and Pour Foam Mix and Pour Foam is a two-part kit, meaning it is one product made up of two containers. It is available in a variety of sizes: 4.9 lb., fills 2 cubic feet (#25/326-A); Both A Side and B Side are quart containers. 19.3 lb., fills 9 cubic feet (#25/326-B); Both A Side and B Side are gallon containers. *96.5 lb., fills 45 cubic feet (#25/326-C); Both A Side and B Side are 5-gallon containers. 1000 lb., fills 500 cubic feet (#25/326-Drum); Both A Side and B Side are drums) *Quantity discounts are available on the 96.5 lb. kits only when four or more kits are purchased in one order.
High quality products, great service, good prices
May 8, 2023 | By Steve C
Once I started buying from Fibreglast I realized I could depend on consistently high quality foam products with no mixing issues, excellent results every time. The vacuum forming products also work very well and the instructional videos have been incredibly helpful in de-mystifying the vacuum assisted processes.
Top Notch Knowledge Base and Customer Service!!
Oct 29, 2020 | By Ann Sanchez