2 Lb. Polyurethane Mix and Pour Foam
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Fill Cavities for Flotation and Reinforcement
This 2 lb. density foam comes as a two-part kit, both parts equally mixed. It is a closed-cell system, meaning individual cells of foam trap in air and keep liquids out. As a result, it is most frequently used for flotation applications, delivering 60 pounds of float per cubic foot. It can be used to fill cavities for reinforcement and insulation, and can be shaped or carved, once cured, for use as a plug in mold-making or sculpting.
- 2 lb. foam expands approximately 30 times its liquid volume before cure, and can fill any shape.
- Closed-cell structure does not react with oil or gasoline, and will not absorb water.
- Laminate directly onto foam using epoxy or polyester resin.
- Can be pigmented with urethane pigments (#141, #143).
- Also compatible with latex paint, and in-mold parting wax (#1016).
- This foam is designed to meet USCG Title 33, Chapter 1, Part 183 when mixed properly.
- Mix Ratio: 1:1 by Volume
- Once two parts are mixed, it will begin to react and expand within 45 seconds, and will continue for several minutes.
- Before filling cavities for insulation, flotation or reinforcement, determine how much foam you'll need. First, calculate the volume of your container in cubic feet. For example 1 ft. high x 1 ft. long x 2 ft. deep = 2 total cubic feet. Second, for 2 lb. foam, multiply that total by 2.5. In this case, 2 cubic ft. x 2.5 = 5 lb. of required foam.
- Utilize small pours to prevent expansion damage, waiting 15-20 minutes between each pour
- The foam will exert approximately 2-4 PSI expansion pressure during void fill; for a completely closed mold, expansion pressure can reach 4-6 PSI.
Dark brown liquid (25); Amber liquid (24)
R-4.76 per inch
Max Working Temperature
60lbs per cubic foot
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every chemical we offer is manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and quality every time you order.