20 oz Tooling Fabric
Build Bulk, Strength and Stability for Molds
When you're looking to build thickness into a mold with limited time, this #254 tooling fabric is the right choice. It is typically placed at the heart of a mold to build bulk, strength, and dimensional stability.
This fabric offers very high strength characteristics as well as rapid build-up. Apply to molds as a back-up shell once the finer surfacing layers are in place.
- Very high strength characteristics as well as rapid build-up.
- Ideal for building high-strength tooling.
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-3824 Style 7587 and ASTM D 4029-09 Style 7587.
- Fabrics need to be oriented so the fiber yarns run parallel to the expected loads.
- Lighter fabrics are generally added as a surface layer to prevent show-through of its more textured weave.
- To create the highest quality molds, use with our #1110 Vinyl Ester Resin, or the System #2000 Epoxy.
|Strength (Warp)||>300 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||>170 lbs/inch|
|Full Roll||80 yards (typical)|
|Thickness||0.027" - 0.035"|
|Weight||19.3 - 20.2 oz/yard2|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.