20 oz Tooling Fabric
Build Bulk, Strength and Stability for Molds
When you're looking to build thickness into a mold with limited time, this #254 tooling fabric is the right choice. It is typically placed at the heart of a mold to build bulk, strength, and dimensional stability.
This fabric offers very high strength characteristics as well as rapid build-up. Apply to molds as a back-up shell once the finer surfacing layers are in place.
- Very high strength characteristics as well as rapid build-up.
- Ideal for building high-strength tooling.
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-3824 Style 7587 and ASTM D 4029-09 Style 7587.
- Fabrics need to be oriented so the fiber yarns run parallel to the expected loads.
- Lighter fabrics are generally added as a surface layer to prevent show-through of its more textured weave.
- To create the highest quality molds, use with our #1110 Vinyl Ester Resin, or the System #2000 Epoxy.
|Strength (Warp)||373 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||236 lbs/inch|
|Full Roll||80 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Rolled fabrics ship in a long (45", 53", or 62") box.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#254-F, folded package), three yards (#254-A, folded package), and five yards (#254-B folded package). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.