Get Beauty and Bulk with this Heavyweight
This twill weave will add bulk to your laminate quickly. Due to its heavier weight and thickness, this fabric is slightly more difficult to form than lighter-weight carbon. While it's not generally used for small, complex shapes, it is excellent for flat parts and high strength requirements.
Twill weaves offer the signature appearance that is highly desirable for modern composite parts with great conformability and strength. This fabric is frequently used for structural applications, offering improved economics to fabricators when compared to multiple layers of lighter fabrics.
- Twill weave provides signature aesthetics and ease of use
- Used to quickly add bulk and strength
- Unmatched strength to weight ratio
- High Modulus for superior rigidity
- Fire resistant material
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for core strength, with other, lighter weight fabrics used at the surface.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- Twill fabrics are prone to unraveling when cut. Be sure to use our #1735-A Perfect Line Tape, or Dritz Fray Check, #1713-A.
|Tensile Modulus||33.1-34.4 MSI|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Weight||19.8 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
ShippingRolled fabrics ship in a long (45", 53", or 62") box. Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
Sizes12K, 2x2 Twill Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage. Prepacks This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#1072-A, roll), three yards (#1072-B, roll), and five yards (#1072-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks. Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.
Mar 16, 2022 | By Dustin
Shipping expensive, buy in bulk!