Get Beauty and Bulk with this Heavyweight
This twill weave will add bulk to your laminate quickly. Due to its heavier weight and thickness, this fabric is slightly more difficult to form than lighter-weight carbon. While it's not generally used for small, complex shapes, it is excellent for flat parts and high strength requirements.
Twill weaves offer the signature appearance that is highly desirable for modern composite parts with great conformability and strength. This fabric is frequently used for structural applications, offering improved economics to fabricators when compared to multiple layers of lighter fabrics.
- Twill weave provides signature aesthetics and ease of use
- Used to quickly add bulk and strength
- Unmatched strength to weight ratio
- High Modulus for superior rigidity
- Fire resistant material
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for core strength, with other, lighter weight fabrics used at the surface.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
- For added conformability, lay up the fabric at a 45-degree bias inside molds.
- Twill fabrics are prone to unraveling when cut. Be sure to use our #1735-A Perfect Line Tape, or Dritz Fray Check, #1713-A.
|Tensile Modulus||33.1-34.4 MSI|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
|Weight||19.8 oz/sq yd|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click here for more information on our First Quality Guarantee.
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
Shipping expensive, buy in bulk!