Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (22.3 oz)
Extra Thick Carbon for Extreme Strength
This unique unidirectional fabric is made from a standard modulus fiber and weighs in at 22.3 oz/sq yd. It is non-woven, so there is no crimping of the fibers and only minimal polyester binder is used in a quilted pattern to take full potential of the increased fabric thickness. This provides maximum possible strength in one direction with minimal layers.
The 22.3 oz/sq yd is used in structural and architectural applications such as bridges, building renovations, and can be used in marine and aerospace applications requiring extreme strength.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction.
- Standard modulus fiber with a tensile modulus of 33.4 MSi
- 12" wide fabric lays up seamlessly side-by-side
- Wets out easily, but will require more attention than thinner fabrics
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for structural parts where maximum single directional properties are critical, like bridges, support structures, renovations, and more.
- If your application calls for higher strength properties at a light weight fabric, consider our #2596 Unidirectional Fabric, a 4.3-ounce IM fabric.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
|Fiber Strength||711 KSI|
|Fiber Tensile Modulus||33.4 MSI|
|Weight||22.3 oz/sq yd (756 gsm)|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#2595-A, roll), three yards (#2595-B, roll), and five yards (#2595-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.