6 Lb. Polyurethane Mix and Pour Foam
Higher Density for Strength and Improved Detail
This 6 lb. density foam comes as a two-part kit, both parts equally mixed. It is a closed-cell system, meaning individual cells of foam trap in air and keep liquids out. Compared to lower density foams, the 6 lb. Mix and Pour Foam offers superior compressive strength (120 psi), so it's ideal filling cavities that will be might be used to support a heavy load. It is often used to make millwork, floats for wastewater treatment plants, and Coast Guard buoys. Because of its smaller cell structure, it is also frequently used to make detailed plugs or sculptures.
- 6 lb. foam expands approximately 10 times its liquid volume before cure, and will fill any shape.
- Once two parts are mixed, it will begin to react and expand within 60 seconds, and will continue for several minutes.
- Closed-cell structure does not react with oil or gasoline, and will not absorb water.
- Laminate directly onto foam using epoxy or polyester resin; it can also be used with urethane pigments (#141, #143, #152), latex paint, and parting wax (#1016) when used in-mold.
Before filling cavities for insulation, flotation or reinforcement, determine how much foam you'll need.
- First, calculate the volume of your container in cubic feet. For example 1 ft. high x 1 ft. long x 2 ft. deep = 2 total cubic feet.
- Second, for 6 lb. foam, multiply that total by 7.5. In this case, 2 cubic ft. x 7.5 = 15 lb. of required foam.
This foam is designed to meet USCG Title 33, Chapter 1, Part 183 when mixed properly.
Mix and Pour Foam is a two-part kit, meaning it is one product made up of two containers. It is available in a variety of sizes:
5 lb., fills 0.8 cubic feet (#624/625-A); Both A Side and B Side are quart containers.
19.6 lb., fills 3.25 cubic feet (#624/625-B); Both A Side and B Side are gallon containers.
98 lb., fills 16.3 cubic feet (#624/625-C); Both A Side and B Side are 5-gallon containers.
1000 lb., fills 166 cubic feet (#624/625-Drum); Both A Side and B Side are drums)