2 Lb. Polyurethane Mix and Pour Foam
Fill Cavities for Flotation and Reinforcement
This 2 lb. density foam comes as a two-part kit, both parts equally mixed. It is a closed-cell system, meaning individual cells of foam trap in air and keep liquids out. As a result, it is most frequently used for flotation applications, delivering 60 pounds of float per cubic foot. It can be used to fill cavities for reinforcement and insulation, and can be shaped or carved , once cured, for use as a plug in mold-making or sculpting.
- 2 lb. foam expands approximately 30 times its liquid volume before cure, and will fill any shape.
- Once two parts are mixed, it will begin to react and expand within 45 seconds, and will continue for several minutes.
- Closed-cell structure does not react with oil or gasoline, and will not absorb water.
- Laminate directly onto foam using epoxy or polyester resin; it can also be used with urethane pigments (#141, #143, #152), latex paint, and parting wax (#1016) when used in-mold.
Before filling cavities for insulation, flotation or reinforcement, determine how much foam you'll need.
- First, calculate the volume of your container in cubic feet. For example 1 ft. high x 1 ft. long x 2 ft. deep = 2 total cubic feet.
- Second, for 2 lb. foam, multiply that total by 2.5. In this case, 2 cubic ft. x 2.5 = 5 lb. of required foam.
This foam is designed to meet USCG Title 33, Chapter 1, Part 183 when mixed properly.
Mix and Pour Foam is a two-part kit, meaning it is one product made up of two containers. It is available in a variety of sizes:
4.9 lb., fills 2 cubic feet (#24/25-A); Both A Side and B Side are quart containers.
19.3 lb., fills 9 cubic feet (#24/25-B); Both A Side and B Side are gallon containers.
*96.5 lb., fills 45 cubic feet (#24/25-C); Both A Side and B Side are 5-gallon containers.
1000 lb., fills 500 cubic feet (#24/25-Drum); Both A Side and B Side are drums)
*Quantity discounts are available on the 96.5 lb. kits only when four or more kits are purchased in one order.