Foam is most frequently used as structural core material for composite laminates, delivering added strength, stiffness, and insulation, without adding weight. Generally, it is easy to handle, readily conforms to shapes, and can be bonded in layers to add thickness.
At FibreGlast.com, you'll find a variety of foams used for applications that include:
- Cavity filling
- Pattern making
- Flow media for resin infusion
Click on any image below to get detailed product information and pricing.
Foam can be found in infrastructure applications, wind energy, land transport, and throughout the marine industry.
At FibreGlast.com, look for foam in one of several categories:
- Mix-and-pour polyurethane foam—Once mixed equally, this foam expands rapidly to fill any sized cavity; best suited for flotation, sculpting, and for structural support.
- Vinyl foam—All selections are quality DIAB Divinycell brand; sold by the sheet and used chiefly as sandwich core material.
- Divinymat—Engineered to be both a sandwich core and a flow media for resin infusion; Divinycell foam sheet scored and held together with light scrim backing.
- Polyisocyanurate foam—Most frequently used for mold-less pattern making; sold by the sheet and in a 4' x 6' block.
See how foam matches up to other materials in our Sandwich Core category when you visit our Learning Center and read, Guidelines for Sandwich Core Materials, or when you view An Introduction to Sandwich Core Materials on the Fibre Glast Blog.
You can place your order on our website or, if you have any questions, call 1.800.838.8984 | 8:00am - 8:00pm EST Mon-Fri.