Grandmaster - 12K, 10x10 Carbon Fiber Fabric
Take Plain Weave Carbon to the Next Level
This brawny, 12K carbon fiber is a bold, hardworking version of our traditional plain weave, with every thick yarn of fabric like a glossy brush stroke. Its high-contrast surface features both brilliant highlights and contrasting deep, dark shadows
Choose Grandmaster for projects that require a robust appearance, perfect for the hood of a car, a motorcycle fender, or snowboard. The 12-K, plain weave of the Grandmaster will keep it from being as conformable to complex shapes as a lighter fabric.
- Incredible design perfect for automotive aesthetics
- 50" wide fabric
- Wets out quickly and easily/li>
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- The pattern does not affect the strength of this fabric. Patterned weaves feature more "floats," or areas where yarn being woven in one direction floats on top of yarn being woven in another direction. This makes for less bending in the yarn, further supporting the ultimate tensile strength of the carbon fibers themselves.
- A single layer of the Grandmaster can also be used with standard carbon fabric or even fiberglass.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
|Warp||10 picks, 12K|
|Filling||10 picks, 12K|
|Tensile Modulus||33-41.5 MSI|
|Weight||19.2 oz/sq yd|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.