Conforms to Most Curves – Marine Grade
End Grain Balsa is the most widely used core material, and is best suited for dynamic structures where performance and efficiency are key.
Sheets are constructed from small individual blocks of end grain balsa wood, each bonded to a light scrim fabric that holds blocks together during lamination. As a result, this core will conform to practically any simple curve and most gradual compound curves.
- Easily used with traditional woodworking methods, including drilling, turning, milling, and sawing to close tolerances.
- Flexible and easily draped
- Sheets measure 2 ft. x 4 ft.
- Density - 9-1⁄2 lb./cubic foot
- Offers good fatigue properties, high sound insulation and thermal properties
- Low Flame, Smoke, and Toxicity (FST) properties
- Compatible with hand lay-up, vacuum bagging, and resin infusion processes.
- Suitable for elevated temperature-cure prepreg systems
- Ideal for wind and maring applications.
- Can be used in conjunction with other foam core materials
|Compressive Strength||1.842 psi|
|Compressive Modulus||594 ksi +/- 10%|
|Tensile Stength||1.958 psi|
|Shear Strength||435 psi|
|Shear Modulus||24 ksi +/- 10%|
|Thermal Conductivity||24 W/m K|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every sandwich core we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click here for more information on our First Quality Guarantee.
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet