Woven Fiberglass Tape
Perfect for Winding, Seams and Reinforced Areas
Woven Fiberglass Tape is ideal for selective reinforcement of fiberglass laminates. It can also be used for sleeve, pipe, or tank winding. Use it to join seams in seperate parts and molding.
These tapes are referred to as tapes only for their width and appearance—they are not adhesive backed. Their finished edges offer easier handling and a clean, finished appearance, and keep the tape from unraveling.
Tapes are matched to our #243 and #245 fabrics (7-1⁄2–10 ounce fabrics). Their plain weave construction builds in uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions.
- Very easy to use for windings, seams, and selective reinforcement.
- Fully seemed edges--not slit from wider rolls.
- Saturate easily and in most respects are similar to a 10 oz fabric.
- Match to our #243 or #245 fabric.
- Try using tape for edge reinforcement on wide parts.
- Fabrics need to be oriented so the fiber yarns run parallel to the expected loads. If extra strength is needed in a different direction, another ply must be added at an angle to the first. The most common angles are +/- 45 degrees.
|Full Roll||50 yards (typical)|
|Weight||7.8 ~ 9.6 oz/yard2|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Everything back to normal.