Strikes Balance Between Strength and Weight
DIAB closed cell vinyl foams are valued for their superior structural and mechanical properties. When used as a structural sandwich core, these foams combine ultra-low weight, improved stiffness, and impact resistance. In particular, our 4 lb./cubic foot foam is employed extensively in marine (leisure, military and commercial) and automotive applications.
- Extremely easy to handle, including cutting, shaping, and thermoforming with a heat gun or oven
- Used to build bulk rapidly, or bond individual sheets to provide additional thickness in target areas
- Insulative and water resistant
- Compatible with epoxy, polyester, and vinyl ester resins
Many customers experiment with various thicknesses and densities of foam to find the correct balance between part weight and strength. However, each thickness is well suited for a number of traditional applications:
- 3⁄8" thick foam offers additional strength and impact resistance to a composite laminate without adding significant weight; it's well suited for making reinforced vertical components or walls.
- 1⁄2" thick foam offers significant strength to a part with a limited impact on overall weight; applications include boat hulls, exterior panels, and other structural components.
DIAB Divinycell H60 4 lb. density sheets measure 32" X 48".
Data SheetsProduct Data Sheet
Safety Data Sheet
ShippingThis item, when ordered alone, will typically ship in a longer box. Where possible, we will combine ordered items to reduce the number of boxes shipped.
SizesVinyl Foam: Divinycell 4 lb. Density This item is sold by the unit. Quantity discounts per sheet are available when five or more sheets are ordered at one time.
Feb 8, 2022 | By Erwin Sherman
First time working with this product. A bit pricey but easy to work with and looks durable.
Jun 24, 2021 | By Paul Vance