Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (4.0 oz)
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Our Lightest Weight Unidirectional Fabric
This unidirectional fabric is made from a standard modulus fiber making it suitable for a wide array of projects—while still boasting a tensile strength of over 700 KSI—six times stronger than steel! It is our lightest variety of unidirectional carbon fabrics—perfect for precision layups. It is non-woven, so there is no crimping of the fibers and less than 3% of polyester binder is used on one side to allow for the highest possible density of carbon fibers.
The 4.0 oz/sq yd is commonly chosen as a reinforcement for precision parts, like UAV's, model airplanes, model boats, or other recreational parts.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction
- • Never-twisted Standard Modulus fiber with a tensile modulus of at least 33.0 MSI and tensile strength of over 700 KSI.
- Flawless, outward surface after curing
- 12" wide fabric lays up seamlessly side-by-side
- Wets out quickly and easily with epoxy resin
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- Ideal for precision and light weight parts for drones, UAV's, model planes, model boats, hiking sticks, pressure vessels, and model aerospace projects.
- If your application calls for higher strength properties, consider our 4.3 oz #2596 Unidirectional IM Fabric.
- To maximize strength properties, use with an epoxy, like our System 2000 Epoxy Resin (#2000).
|Type||12K Carbon Multifilament Continuous Tow|
|Tensile Modulus||32.7-34.1 MSI|
|Weight||4.0-4.2 oz/sq yd (139 gsm)|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.