Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Sleeves
For Tapered, Curved, or Irregular Shaped High-Strength Parts
Our Unidirectional Carbon Fiber Sleeves are ideal for tapered, curved or other irregular shapes and feature ultimate strength in one direction. These unidirectional sleeves are braided with small elastic bias yarns offering conformability, fitting snugly while uniformly distributing the axial reinforcements around the perimeter of the part. Our unidirectional carbon fiber sleeves even conform to parts with varying diameters, irregular shapes, or varying cross-sections like prosthetics and hockey sticks. These sleeves are available in 3/4”, 1-1/2”, 2-1/2” and 3-3/4” diameters.
- Small elastic bias yarns for great conformability, and ease of layup
- Unidirectional fibers for strength in one direction
- Wets out easily with resin
- Fatigue resistance for durable strength
- The sleeves can be increased from their base diameter at an average rate of 127%. This means that our 1-1/2" sleeve can be can be expanded to 2.625" in diameter.
- Laying up sleeves is predictable, repeatable, and suitable for precise manufacture of composite parts. Unidirectional sleeves fit snugly and uniformly distributing the axial reinforcements around the perimeter of the part, while offering ultimate strength in one direction.
- To maximize the fiber properties, use with epoxy or vinyl ester resins.
- Polyester resin is also suitable, and is primarily used in cosmetic applications where higher strength-to-weight ratios are not a factor.
|Diameter||0.75" – 3.75"|
|Fabric Weight||15.2 - 19.02 oz/yd2|
|Tensile Strength||610-700 KSI|
|Tensile Modulus||31-35 MSI|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
All sleeves are sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
Sleeve is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#3608-A, #3609-A, #3611-A, #3612-A, rolls), three yards (#3608-B, #3609-B, #3611-B, #3612-B, rolls), and five yards (#3608-C, #3609-C, #3611-C, #3612-C, rolls). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one cut of sleeve totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of sleeve, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, sleeve will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of sleeve.