Style 6781 S2-Glass
Superior Strength among Fiberglass Fabrics
This 9-ounce fabric selection is much like our #543 9-ounce E-Glass, except that it is woven from S2 fibers. As a result, this S2-Glass features extraordinary strength with a superior look and finish. Style 6781 is one of the most popular fabric for modern aerospace applications.
In the #1543, glass fibers are bundled and woven repeatedly to float over seven bundles, then under one. As a result, the fabric is flatter and more easily draped over the most complex shapes, especially when compared to plain weaves.
- Satin weaves are flatter than other weaves and conform to shapes easily.
- S2 Fibers in an 8H Satin Weave provides extraordinary strength with a superior look and finish.
- High heat and chemical resistance.
- Most popular aerospace fabric used today.
- Meets MIL-C-9084 and MIL-Y-1140.
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-C-9084 Type VIII-B (Class 1 & 2), with exception for fiber type and ASTM D 4029-09 Style 7781, with exception for fiber type.
- Although they conform well to shapes, satin weaves can be more easily distorted than other weaves.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
- To maximize strength in parts, use with an epoxy, like our System #2000.
|Strength (Warp)||350 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||300 lbs/inch|
|Weave||8H Satin Weave|
|Full Roll||125 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
Click below on the "What to expect when you order Fabric" video to see how rolled fabrics are cut and shipped each time you order.
This fabric is sold by the linear yard, either as a prepackaged quantity or by continuous yardage.
This fabric is available in pre-cut lengths that measure one yard (#1543-A, roll), three yards (#1543-B, roll), and five yards (#1543-C, roll). Each is packaged and sold separately. For your convenience, these "prepacks" can be purchased in any combination. However, if the length for any one fabric totals 10 yards or more, we suggest you purchase it in continuous, "cut to length" yardage.
Continuous, "Cut to Length" Yardage
If you know in advance that you intend to purchase 10 yards or more of any one fabric, it should be ordered in continuous, "cut to length" yardage. In this case, fabric will be cut once according to the total yardage ordered, and customers receive a price-per-yard discount as compared to prepacks.
Quantity discounts continue to deepen as the yardage increases for any one cut of one fabric.