Prepreg 3K, Plain Weave Carbon Fiber Fabric
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Integrated Resin System and a Tight Weave Carbon
This plain weave carbon fiber features a 3k tow (3000 filliments per fiber) and is a commonly selected fabric style for aerodynamic parts. It delivers uniform strength in both longitudinal and latitudinal directions. A high performance resin system with curing agent has been preimpregnated into the fabric for an ideal 37% strength-to-weight ratio, and repeatable high-quality results.
This fabric is widely used in high performance racing or aerospace applications, and provides a beautiful finish to any layup.
- 13 x 13 plain weave offers a tight weave, which is less likely to fray
- High Modulus fiber with a tensile modulus of over 33 MSI and strength of over 510 KSI
- Flawless, outward surface after curing
- 50" fabric width
- Integrated epoxy system provides consistent, flawless results
- Room temperature storage means this fabric is always ready to use—no freezing and thawing required!
- A popular choice for aerospace and other high performance applications, such as race car and motorcycle parts.
- Plain weave fabrics are easier to maintain weave aesthetics than their twill weave counterparts while laying into a mold, with similar drapability.
- Cure the resin with a vacuum bagging and a ramp-up heat cycle—less waste, and less curing time!
- All of our prepregs are shelf stable at room temperature for up to 6 months.
- When laying up in a mold, use a heat gun to make fabric more pliable—but be careful, it will also become tackier.
- To add further strength in all directions, known as an isotropic part, we recommend laying this material up at a 45 degree bias from layer to layer.
- For a Twill Weave version of this 3k prepreg carbon, check out our #2211
|Tensile Modulus||33.0-34.9 MSI|
|Weave||12 x 14 Plain|
|Weight||5.7-5.8 oz/sq yd2|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.