Prepreg Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (9.0 oz) - Clearance
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
One-Direction Strength with Integrated Resin
This unidirectional is non-woven, so there is no crimping of the fibers and less than 3% of polyester binder is used on one side to allow for the highest possible density of carbon fibers. The resin system with curing agent has been preimpregnated into the fabric for an ideal 37% strength-to-weight ratio, and repeatable high-quality results.
This 9.0 oz/sq yd fabric is widely used in marine applications such as boat hulls, but is also a great choice for recreational parts like hockey sticks and bicycle frames. Or, anything else that demands maximum strength in two directions.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction
- Never-twisted SM fiber with a tensile modulus of 33.4 MSI and strength of over 700 KSI
- Flawless, outward surface after curing
- 12" wide fabric lays up seamlessly side-by-side
- Integrated epoxy system provides consistent, flawless results
- Room temperature storage means this fabric is always ready to use—no freezing and thawing required!
- Use this fabric for marine and recreational applications.
- Our unidirectional prepregs feature blue and red liners. The red liner signifies the binder side of the material, where the blue liner is the more cosmetic side of the material for the outward-facing surface.
- Unidirectional fabrics provide maximum strength in two directions—which is the direction the fibers run.
- Cure the resin with a vacuum bagging and a ramp-up heat cycle—less waste, and less curing time!
- All of our prepregs are shelf stable at room temperature for up to 12 months.
- When laying up in a mold, use a heat gun to make fabric more pliable—but be careful, it will also become tackier.
|Strength (Dry)||711 KSI|
|Tensile Modulus (Dry)||33.4 MSI|
|Weight||9.0 oz/sq yd (305 gsm)|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
All Clearance Corner inventory is controlled and maintained through this website. Therefore, all Clearance Corner items must be ordered through this website (No phone / fax / email orders permitted). Each Clearance Corner product is available in limited quantities on a one-time, first-come-first-serve basis. The first customer to fully complete their online order will receive the Clearance Corner product. NOTE: Simply adding a Clearance Corner product to your online shopping cart will not reserve its inventory for you.