Prepreg Unidirectional Carbon Fabric (4.3 oz) - Clearance
For orders placed before 2:30PM EST
Increased Stiffness with an Integrated Resin System
This unidirectional is non-woven, so there is no crimping of the fibers and less than 3% of polyester binder is used on one side to allow for the highest possible density of carbon fibers. The resin system with curing agent has been preimpregnated into the fabric for an ideal 37% strength-to-weight ratio, and repeatable high-quality results.
The 4.3 oz/sq yd IM is a great choice when building high performance aerospace, marine, and racing parts.
- Unidirectional fabrics add strength in just one direction
- Never-twisted IM fiber with a tensile modulus of 40.0 MSI and strength of over 800 KSI
- Flawless, outward surface after curing
- 12" wide fabric lays up seamlessly side-by-side
- Integrated epoxy system provides consistent, flawless results
- Room temperature storage means this fabric is always ready to use—no freezing and thawing required!
- Use this fabric for aerospace and other high performance racing applications like car bodies, boat hulls, or aerospace rockets.
- Our unidirectional prepregs feature blue and red liners. The red liner signifies the binder side of the material, where the blue liner is the more cosmetic side of the material for the outward-facing surface.
- Cure the resin with a vacuum bagging and a ramp-up heat cycle—less waste, and less curing time!
- All of our prepregs are shelf stable at room temperature for up to 12 months.
- When laying up in a mold, use a heat gun to make fabric more pliable—but be careful, it will also become tackier.
|Tensile Modulus||40.0 MSI|
|Weight||4.3 oz/sq yd (139 gsm)|
|Full Roll Length||100 yards (typical)|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.