Cures as Transparent, Protective Surface Layer
Particularly lightweight and thin, our #241 2-ounce Plain Weave Fiberglass is ideally suited as a surface layer for aerospace and marine applications. Use it to minimize print-through of heavier fabrics within a lamination, or as a sanding veil over other fabrics—it will cure as a transparent, protective barrier.
Like other plain weaves, it delivers uniform strength in both horizontal and vertical directions, with warp and fill yarns at 0 and 90 degrees, respectively.
- Lightweight and bends around tight corners
- This fabric features high conformability and excellent finish
- Uniform horizontal and vertical strength
- Minimize print of laminate fabrics
- Cures transparent
- If requested, this fabric can be certified to meet the requirements of: AMS-3824 Style 1610 and ASTM D 4029-09 Style 1610.
- Orient this fabric so that yarns run parallel to expected loads.
- During lay-up, add layers at alternating 45-degree angles to maximize strength.
- Use with epoxy resin, polyester resin, or vinyl ester resin to produce composite parts of excellent strength, low weight, and great cosmetics.
|Strength (Warp)||45 lbs/inch|
|Strength (Fill)||36 lbs/inch|
|Full Roll||1000 yards|
Fibre Glast is committed to ensuring that every roll of fabric we handle is First Quality and manufactured to the highest standards, so that you can expect the same properties and handling characteristics every time you order.
All Clearance Corner inventory is controlled and maintained through this website. Therefore, all Clearance Corner items must be ordered through this website (No phone / fax / email orders permitted). Each Clearance Corner product is available in limited quantities on a one-time, first-come-first-serve basis. The first customer to fully complete their online order will receive the Clearance Corner product. NOTE: Simply adding a Clearance Corner product to your online shopping cart will not reserve its inventory for you.